- American Indian Library Association is a membership action group that
addresses the library-related needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives.
- ALA | Subcommittee on Library Services to American
Indians The American Library Association's Literacy and Outreach Services Office supports, serves, and promotes adult literacy
and equity of information access initiatives for traditionally underserved populations through training, information resources, and
- The American Indian Education Foundation
supplies books to reservation communities throughout the United States.
- Books by LaVera Rose with links to good children's literature about Native Americans.
- If I Can Read, I Can Do Anything. A Pilot Reading Incentive Project for
Schools on Reservations.
- Loneman School Lakota Immersion Computer Programs offers an
online "electronic book" where each "page" is accompanied by an image, Lakota text, and an audible narration of the text in Lakota.
- National Center for Family Literacy American Indian Federal
Resources. Highlights American Indian Head Start, American Indian Even Start, and Family and Child Education Program (FACE).
- Supporting Emergent Literacy among Young American Indian Students. Full-text access to a 1990 article by William Ross McEachern.